Thanks for choosing to live at UW-Eau Claire for the upcoming school year. Below you'll find the information you need about move-in dates and preparation as well as tasks you need to complete before you arrive on campus!
Move-In Dates Spring 2020
Wednesday, January 29th 8am-4pm
Move-In Preparation Check-List
Contact Your Roommate
- View your roommate information at My Housing Portal, Manage Room and Plan Bookings, and Roommate Info.
- Make sure to discuss furniture needs and room arrangement details in addition to getting to know each other!
Select Meal Plan
- Go to My Housing Portal, Room and Plan Bookings, and Manage Meal Plan to Select Your Spring Meal Plan
- You need to do this before January 26th online.
- If you do not self-select a meal plan and you are required to have one (residence hall double and singles as well as any room in the Suites), then you will be defaulted to the platinum meal plan.
- If you select a meal plan but then need to make a change, you may come to the Blugold Card Office in Davies Center anytime January 27-February 7th@ 1pm to make a change.
- Blugold Card Office will be open Monday-Friday 9am-3pm through January 31st and 8am-4pm beginning February 3rd.
Register for a Move In Time
- You may begin moving in on Wednesday, January 29th from 8am-4pm. However, if that date does not work you may arrive any day/time after this that work in your schedule as long as you are moved in by Monday, February 3rd by 8am. Just remember there may be orientation events that you should be planning to attend
- If you do plan to arrive on Wednesday, January 29th, you need to register for a move in time.
- How To Register: Go to My Housing Portal, Misc, Move In Time
Complete Emergency Contact Information
- You MUST complete this information before you check in.
- Go to My Housing Portal, Misc, Profile + Emergency Contact.
- Here you will need to enter your personal cell phone number and review instruction on how to update your University Emergency Contact Information in CampS.
Submit Loft Request Form, If Applicable
- Self-lofting available in select halls (Towers South, Towers North, Suites, Katherine Thomas, Putnam, and Sutherland) and no form is necessary. Just bring a rubber mallet or these are also available at the front desk and grab a friend/family member as two individuals can change the bed configuration. However, if you do want our staff to do this, you can submit a loft form.
- Not assigned to hall designated above…then you may submit a loft request form to designate how you would like your bed set up before your arrival.
- How to submit form? My Housing Portal, Misc, and Loft Request.
- If you arrive to campus and your bed needs to be changed, please just return to this spot online to submit a new form. Lofting staff will be processing requests on move in days.
Start Planning For Your Arrival
- See what you can and cannot bring here on the Packing Checklist Fall 2019.
- Students are advised to bring their own TV cable cords as these are not provided.
Parking Permit for Spring 2020 Term?
Watch your UWEC email for details about requesting a parking permit the beginning of January
Questions about parking-- please contact email@example.com or 715-836-3000.
Where To Park For Move In (no permit needed)?
- Lower Campus (Putnam and Katherine Thomas)
- Parking will be available along Putnam Drive (side closest to the residence hall) or in any “G” parking stalls in the Nursing parking lot. Please limit your loading/unloading to 15 minutes. Long term parking without a permit is available on upper campus in any “R” stall through February 2, 2020.
- Upper Campus (Governors, Horan, Murray, Chancellors, Sutherland, Oak Ridge, Governors, Bridgman)
- Park in any available “R” stall closest to your building
- If you use the meters, make sure to plug the meter as these are enforced.
- If you need long term parking, use any available “R” space without a permit until February 2, 2020.
- Priory: Park in any available R/S space.
- Haymarket and Aspenson Mogensen
- Find available street parking
Find your Way to Your New Home
If you want to GPS or map directions to your assigned building use the address below.
Upper campus: 642 university Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701 (then navigate to your assigned hall based on the campus map. This is address for Towers Hall).
Lower campus (Putnam and Katherine Thomas): 101 Garfield Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Aspenson Mogensen: 222 Water Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703
Haymarket Landing: 220 Eau Claire St, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Priory Hall: 1190 Priory Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701
No Longer Attending?
If you no longer plan to attend the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, please log into My Housing Portal click Application, Manage 19-20, then Cancel.