The foundational philosophy of Blugold Softball, as well as Blugold Softball Camps, is “compete and win.” At UW-Eau Claire, softball players and coaches approach competing differently. If we are working to be the very best version of ourselves every single day, no one will care who gets the credit when we succeed. At the same time, being the best version of ourselves will raise the level of play of our teammates.
“WIN” is an acronym in the softball program that may be familiar to some: What’s Important Now. Using the “WIN” approach helps our players and coaches stay focused on the present and the process, not overwhelming ourselves with the outcome.
During Blugold Softball Camps, participants will be challenged by the physical components of the game of softball as well as mental, emotional, and leadership components. Camps are directed by the coaching staff, and current and former players. Camper-to-coach ratio is kept very low due to the detailed nature of teaching the components of the game. It is our hope that participants will leave camp with increased knowledge, after enjoying the quick-paced, interactive, and competitive drills and situations presented.
Just wanted to shout out to the softball team and staff members that helped out at the Seymour Fall Ball Girls Clinic. Please give them a huge THANK YOU for taking the time to teach our girls some great skills. They made it fun for all of us!
Elite Skills Prep Camp
Grades 7-12 | February 1, 2020
This will be a great camp to get you ready for the upcoming spring and summer seasons! We will be teaching advanced skills in each area of the game.
- PITCHERS | you must provide their own catcher for this camp
- Catchers must bring their own gear
- Catchers under 18 | you are REQUIRED to wear a mask
- Catchers 18 or older | no mask is required, but you will catch at your own risk (including parent, grandparent or other adult)
- Catchers participating in the Pitching Camp only do not have to register and pay fee
- Catchers participating in both the Skills and Pitching Camps should register for the Skills Camp only and pay the fee
- Skills Camp
- 9:00 a.m. | mental skills session
- 11:00 a.m. | hitting/slapping session
- 12:45 p.m. | lunch
- 1:15 p.m. | catching session (catchers only) or defensive skills session (position players + pitchers)
- 2:30 p.m. | end of skills camp
- Pitching Camp
- 2:45 - 4:30 p.m.
- Skills Camp only
- $120 | commuter, lunch + t-shirt included
- limited to 60 participants
- Skills + Pitching Camps
- $150 | commuter, lunch + t-shirt included
- Pitching Camp only
- $55 | commuter, t-shirt included (lunch not included)
- limited to 15 participants
- Register by January 2 to guarantee your t-shirt size!
Blugold Fall Youth Clinic
Grades K-8 | September 2020
In this camp, players will learn the fundamentals of the game of softball. The skills of throwing, catching, hitting, fielding, and pitching will be covered. Players will be divided into groups, if needed, based on our assessment of skills so they can be taught appropriate to their skill level during this camp.
The clinic will be held at Blugold Softball Stadium, Bollinger Recreation Complex, 901 West MacArthur St.
- 12 pm | check-in
- 12:30-2:30pm | clinic
- TBD | commuter, meals not included
Fall Elite Prospect Camp
Grades 9-12 | September 2020
This camp is designed for those high school-aged players who have the desire to play college softball. In this skills and competition based camp, players will participate in a practice-type workout consisting of drills and instruction in the morning, and then will scrimmage in the afternoon. Live pitching, hitting, and situations will be used during the scrimmages.
Camp will be held at UW-Eau Claire's Bollinger Recreation Complex (901 W MacArthur Ave, Eau Claire, WI).
If your daughter is younger than 9th grade in fall 2020, please contact Coach Huntington to discuss her enrollment in this camp.
Pitchers will need to have a catcher during the pitching portion of camp. Pitchers CAN use a catcher who is also registered for camp. This session will be approximately one hour in length. A detailed schedule will be available soon for your planning purposes.
- 9am - 12:15pm | camp session I
- 12:15 - 1pm | lunch (provided for campers)
- 1 - 4pm | camp session II
- Register by August 18
- TBD | commuter, lunch & t-shirt included
- Register after August 18
- TBD | commuter, lunch included (t-shirt not available)