Skip to main content
COVID-19 updates from UW-Eau Claire   READ MORE »

Admitted First-Year Student

Congrats! You're almost a Blugold

You've been accepted and are on the road to becoming a Blugold. There are a few things to do next to ensure you get everything taken care of before joining your fellow Blugolds on campus.

We'll walk you through the steps below, and if you want to track the progress of your completed next steps, log into MyBlugold CampS to see your Student Guide completion checklist. (Before you can do this, you must first activate your account — see step 1 below for details.)

Activate your account by visiting You will need your username and campus ID, which are found in your admit letter or application acknowledgement email.

Check the progress of your completed steps now!

After being admitted and activating your account (step 1 above), sign in to MyBlugold CampS. Once you've logged in, follow the steps below:

  • Select Pay Enrollment Deposit from the menu on the left-hand side. 
  • Select Make a Payment.

From here you will indicate the term you were admitted to, whether you are a freshman or transfer student, and how you wish to pay your deposit(s). Note that if you plan to stay in the residence halls, you can pay your $75 housing deposit at the same time you pay your enrollment deposit.

Submitting your enrollment deposit is important, as orientation information is only sent to deposited students beginning in mid-March. Deposits are refundable with a written notification postmarked or emailed by May 1 for Fall/Summer and by November 15 for Winter/Spring. To request a waiver for economic hardship or inability to pay, call 715-836-5415 or email

Wondering where you want to live? Check out the Housing and Residence Life page, which will provide you with your residence hall options and packing suggestions! Priority for housing assignments is based on your housing application submit date--so don't procrastinate! Students are guaranteed on-campus living if the application and deposit are submitted by May 1. Both steps are needed to secure your spot in the residence halls.

You will receive more information in the spring about how and when you will select your residence hall and roommate, and you will have your housing assignment prior to Orientation in June.

Questions? Contact Housing at or call 715-836-3674.

Dec. 1 priority; Feb. 1 deadline

Admitted new first-year students who meet minimum scholarship criteria at the point of admission and are accepted by the Feb. 1 application deadline must fill out the separate Admissions scholarship application to apply. Eligible new first-year students admitted by the Dec. 1 priority application deadline may be considered for early awards. Students receiving scholarships will be notified by the beginning of April of their senior year. For the scholarship application, descriptions, criteria and amounts, visit our scholarships page.

March 15 priority

To be considered for financial assistance, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form found at You may begin completing the FAFSA on October 1 of your senior year. Submit your FAFSA by March 15 to receive a financial aid package prior to May 1 (our enrollment deposit refund date). For those who apply for financial aid earlier, we will begin sending out financial aid packages in December or January. Questions? Contact Blugold Central at or 715-836-3000.

Note: Your financial aid package may not reflect all incoming scholarships. If you haven't applied for scholarships, please refer to the scholarships page to learn more about eligibility, deadlines, and the application process. For questions about scholarships, call the Admissions Office at 715-836-5415.

Students intending to major or minor in music need to complete a placement and scholarship audition before enrolling. Visit the music website for information on audition schedules and how to register. Audition early, as the Music Department uses a rolling admissions system. Questions? Contact the Music Department at or call 715-836-4954.

Regional placement testing is required of all new incoming first-year students. Placement tests are offered on all UW System campuses and sites in Minneapolis and Chicago. Students must take placement tests before attending orientation. Information is mailed to students in January and registration begins on February 1.

Find out more

New student orientation one-day sessions and registration for new first-year students will take place in June. Students who have paid their $100 enrollment deposit will receive detailed information about orientation in late March and will be able to sign up for a date in early April. Before you attend orientation, be sure to send an official transcript for any college work in progress or completed so you can get the best advice on what courses to select. Sign up for one of the required 15 one-day programs in June!

Learn more here

If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) examinations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams, or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, send the official scores to the Advising, Retention and Career Center for evaluation.

The current reciprocity agreement between Minnesota and Wisconsin enables a Minnesota resident to attend Wisconsin public institutions of higher education at rates approximating tuition prevailing in the Minnesota State University System. To receive this reduced tuition, apply using the Online Tuition Reciprocity Application. If you have questions about reciprocity, contact the Minnesota Office of Higher Education at (800) 657-3866.

Before you are able to sign up for Orientation, you will need to send official ACT or SAT scores from the testing agency (if you haven't already). Please note that the test score listed on your transcript is not an official score report. To request an official ACT score, visit the ACT website; to request an official SAT score, visit the SAT website. (UW-Eau Claire's ACT code is 4670; SAT code is 1913.)

After graduation, submit an official high school transcript for a review of your senior grades and certification of graduation. In order to gain college credit for any college coursework taken in high school, send a final official transcript from the college/university you took the course(s) through. All transcripts should be sent to the Admissions Office prior to June orientation for best advising. Altering or failing high school or college coursework could result in cancellation of your admission. For a look at how credits will transfer, visit our Transfer Credit Wizard.

Move-in days | August 29 and August 30

It's the moment you have been waiting for! Welcome to campus! Our housing staff is ready and waiting to help you get everything in order to move in to your residence hall. (More information will be sent to you in June about how to select a move-in date.)

Fall semester begins | September 2

The best years of your life start today.

Not a traditional first-year student?

Select your student type below to see your next steps for after admittance:

Select your student type:

We're here to help

If you have any questions about the steps after you've been admitted, feel free to contact us.

Contact us

Beatris Mendez-Gandica working for Microsoft after graduating from UW-Eau Claire

Technologically sound Blugold

Passionate, innovative, determined, inspiring. These are all words that people have used to describe UW-Eau Claire information systems alumna Beatris Mendez-Gandica, who is doing her part to inspire the next generation of women to enter the STEM fields.

Find out more
library student staff

More than a job

Offering students on-campus jobs is a priority at UW-Eau Claire because studies show that students who work part-time in college often perform better academically and are more likely to stay in school than students who do not work at all.

Check it out
We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message