A mathematics degree from UW-Eau Claire provides a one-of-a-kind, well-rounded education. We offer mathematics liberal arts, actuarial science, applied mathematics/statistics and mathematics teaching degrees. Once you earn your degree in one of these areas, the sky is the limit! Become an actuary, biostatistician or choose from many other interesting and in-demand careers. You’ll graduate from UWEC with versatile and practical math skills ready to make a positive impact in the career of your choice.
The professors in the math department push you to succeed in whatever you are interested in. They encourage you to work one-on-one in independent studies and research projects. These are opportunities that are not available at larger universities.
The numbers to back it up
Various math careers are in-demand and growing. But don’t just take our word for it — check out the Bureau of Labor Statistics and see how your career choices stack up.
Want even more information? Below are sites that detail the neat careers available, how much you can make and much more with a mathematics degree from UWEC.
- Casualty Actuarial Society - For over 100 years CAS has advanced actuarial science through research and education for property and casualty actuarial practice.
- American Statistical Association - ASA is the largest community of statisticians and supports the development and application of statistical science.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics - As the largest mathematics education organization, NCTM supports teachers to ensure the highest quality mathematics education for students.
- Mathematical Association of America - MAA focuses on undergraduate mathematics with members including university, college and high school teachers, as well as graduate and undergraduate students.
- American Mathematical Society - AMS furthers the interests of mathematical research, scholarship and education, serving both the nation and international community.
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics - Through membership activities, journal publications and conferences, SIAM enables interactions between mathematics, scientific and technological communities.
- Be an Actuary - This site has all the information you need to know about actuaries, including what an actuary does, how you can become one and just how great being an actuary is.
We've got your back
Whether your plan is to continue your education or find the right job when you graduate, Career Services can assist you. They help you build that résumé, practice interview skills and connect you with great job opportunities.