As the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire enters its second century of educational excellence, we find ourselves tasked with preparing the roadmap to reach the goals we have set. “Creating Our Future,” our 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, outlines the path we will take to stay true to our mission and create the future we envision for our students, our campus and our community.
University Planning Committee
The University Planning Committee is appointed by the chancellor to oversee strategic planning at the university.
Planning Committee members and their terms
- Leah Olson-McBride, Associate Professor and Chair (Social Work, College of Education and Human Sciences)
- Brent Opall, Assistant Professor (Management, College of Business)
- Jenni Sterling, Administrative/Training Coordinator (University Centers)
- Louisa Rice, Chair and Associate Professor (History, College of Arts and Sciences)
- Dang Yang, Director (Office of Multicultural Affairs)
- Billy Felz, Director (Advising, Retention and Career Center)
2019-20 - Serving from UWEC – Barron County
- Troy Kozma, Chair, UWEC – Barron County, Associate Lecturer, Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Sue Patrick, Professor, History
- John Haven, III, Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
- Evan Weiher, University Senate Chair
- Charlie Johnson, Student Senate President
- Director, Institutional Research
- MJ Brukardt, Special Assistant to the Chancellor, Executive Director of Marketing and Planning
- Corry Mahnke, Administrative Assistant
University Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
All meeting minutes are available here with your UW-Eau Claire password.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
We foster in one another creativity, critical insight, empathy and intellectual courage, the hallmarks of a transformative liberal education and the foundation for active citizenship and lifelong inquiry.
We fulfill our mission through a pervasive university commitment to provide:
- Rigorous, intentional and experiential undergraduate liberal education for life and livelihood;
- Strong, distinctive professional and graduate programs that build on and strengthen our proud tradition of liberal education;
- Multicultural and international learning experiences for a diverse world;
- Exemplary student-faculty research and scholarship that enhance teaching and learning;
- An inclusive campus community that challenges students to develop their intellectual, personal, cultural, and social competencies;
- Educational opportunities responsive to the needs of our communities, state, region and beyond; and
- Academic leadership in transforming liberal education.
The University offers undergraduate programs and degrees in the arts, humanities, social sciences, health sciences, sciences, select engineering fields, education, nursing and business. The institution also offers graduate programs related to areas of strength within the institution, including business, education, nursing, human sciences, humanities and sciences.
UW-Eau Claire mission statement amended by UWS Board of Regents Res. 8623, adopted 11/8/2002; Res. 9774, adopted 6/11/2010; and Res. 10716, adopted 6/10/2016.
We are noted for rigorous, integrated, globally infused undergraduate liberal education and distinctive select graduate programs. We are leaders in preparing students for lifelong contributions to society through career, service and personal achievement.
Diversity and inclusiveness; leadership; innovation and continuous improvement; stewardship and sustainability.
Our Guidepost Goals
These goals are the driving force behind our plans for UW-Eau Claire's future.
- 100% of students participating in at least one high-impact learning experience
- 50% of students graduating within four years
- 90% of first-year students retained to their second year
- 20% enrollment of students of color, and elimination of the opportunity gap
Academic Master Plan
The Academic Master Plan will guide our work and hold us accountable as we move forward toward institutional guideposts into 2020 and beyond.